v1.3.1 is now available on CRAN.
This is a fairly significant update, with several important enhancements and bug fixes.
- The default locations for simulation inputs, outputs, cache, and module paths have changed and can be easily set via new option
spades.modulesRepooption was renamed to
- Improved simulation debugging: the
spadescan now accept any expression as a character string, and
debug = TRUEonly prints the current event (the old behaviour can be restored using
debug = "simList")
Improved useability for module developers, including:
- New RStudio addin to simplify creation of new modules;
- Modules with lots of code can be split into several files: put helper functions etc. into
.Rfiles located in the module’s
- New tools for performing heuristic optimization using pattern orientated modelling (see
- Improved support of parallel computatations
For a complete list of changes, see the package’s NEWS file.
Getting started with SpaDES
# install `SpaDES` from CRAN install.packages("SpaDES") # install suggested package `fastshp` # (requires development tools, e.g., Rtools) install.packages("fastshp", repos = "https://rforge.net", type = "source")
Available at the wiki as well as in your R session:
Contact us via the package GitHub site: https://github.com/PredictiveEcology/SpaDES/issues.