v1.1.0 is now available on CRAN!
SpaDES (Spatial Discrete Event Simulation) is a generic simulation platform that can be used to create new model components quickly.
It’s’ easy to implement a variety of simulation models including raster-based, event-based, and agent-based models.
The latest version of
SpaDES introduces several new features and fixes a number of issues from the previous 1.0.1 release, including:
- require R version 3.2.2 or higher;
- enhanced metadata specification for modules;
- improved template for creating new modules;
- enhancements to the module repository, with the new
- add ‘priority’ to events to help resolve ties for events sheduled at the same time;
- add unit tests and coverage to
- improve dependency graph & module diagram;
- improved documentation and vignettes;
For a complete list of changes, see the package’s NEWS file.
Please note that due to the number and scope of the enhancements, modules previously developed using the previous version may not work.
Getting started with SpaDES
# install `SpaDES` from CRAN install.packages("SpaDES") # install suggested package `fastshp` # (requires development tools, e.g., Rtools) install.packages("fastshp", repos = "https://rforge.net", type = "source")
Available at the wiki as well as in your R session:
Contact us via the package GitHub site: https://github.com/PredictiveEcology/SpaDES/issues.